Friday, January 06, 2006

[BB] Problem with course sites

Bb listserv members,
 
Something is going on with the course creation process on Blackboard.  It looks like the process is stuck.  As it cycles through, trying to create our course sites over and over, it adds another copy of the default announcement and removes any banner that you might have added.
 
Material that you have placed in your course sites should still be there.  This problem shouldn't remove items, other than the banner, as far as I can tell.
 
Blackboard has been notified and is investigating.
 
Please don't try to "correct" things at this time.  Once Blackboard has stopped the runaway process, I will let you know.  Then any problems can be corrected.  This will probably be a manual process that you will need to perform.
 
I am embarrassed that this has happened.  The Announcement page is the first page that anyone sees when they enter a course site.  Having multiple copies of the same announcement looks very unprofessional and my name is listed next to each one.  Sorry.
 
If you have special information about your course site that contradicts what I have said above, please let me know so I can investigate further.
 
Bill Vilberg
305-284-3949 (work); 786-218-3052 (cell); 305-255-9138 (home)