Sunday, January 20, 2013

[BB] A request for INS 101 O, INS 101 U, INS 101 V

Dear Bill and others in the Blackboard
I have a favor to ask - I tried very hard to do it myself but failed so far.
I am using (with 4 TAs i.e. in several sections) a Pearson book which uses MypoliSciLab.  In the past they used coursecompass which is a version (older) of Bb and I had never any difficulty. The new system is very different.  Herewith the instructions from Pearson's site as to how to upload to Blackboard their tests - and the tests are the main reason for us using this book.

The instructions seem to be referring to an earlier version of Bb -  I tried everything approximating their advise and could not - if I tried to upload chapter after chapter - it reported errors.  If I tried to upload the zip folder it simply froze and did nothing - no sign of life.

I downloaded Pearson tests - it came in a folder in DOC which I could read.  But how to upload it to be able to use it as tests?  We cannot possibly upload it manually - we do not have the staff for it.
I changed the folder into a zip and attach it herewith.
It would make a huge difference if we could manipulate the tests which are otherwise totally pre-set, allow no change of content or of date, no addition and we do not like them really - nor the impossibility to time them - ie release them when we need to  which we could do as soon as they are in BB which - unless BB too has changed - allowed all of the above flexibility
Many thanks
Dr.Vendulka Kubalkova
Professor of International Studies

On Jan 19, 2013, at 9:55 PM, "Vilberg, William R." <bill.vilberg@MIAMI.EDU>
 wrote:

I missed it when it happened, but apparently Blackboard went down at or before 8:00 PM.

Bill Vilberg, bill.vilberg@miami.edu, 305-284-3944