Wednesday, August 17, 2005

[BB] Erratic performance from Blackboard?

I am seeing very erratic performance from the Blackboard system.  I have seen this off and on, both from home and from work.  The symptom is pages that don't load completely.  Sometimes images are not loaded, sometimes large blocks of the page are not loaded.  If I go back and try the same thing again it may or may not work.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
 
In the last week we applied App Pack 2, App Pack 3, and SSL.  And I would assume that Blackboard is "getting things ready" for the increased usage that their network sees as schools come into session.  We start earlier than most.  The biggest hit is Labor Day Tuesday, I believe.  At least it was last year.
 
Bill Vilberg
305-284-3949 (work); 786-218-3052 (cell); 305-255-9138 (home)