Friday, April 30, 2010

[BB] SafeAssign Ignores Footnote Text in .docx Documents

Bb Users,

 

I have just confirmed a bug with Blackboard whereby SafeAssign does not recognize footnote text in student submissions when they are in .docx format (which is the newest version of MS Word 2008).

 

If your students are using footnotes, please ask them to submit their Word documents in the .doc format by choosing Save As:  “Word 97-2004 Document (.doc)

 

This bug has been reported to Blackboard, and they will notify me when they have a fix (but that won’t help us get through the end of this semester).

 

I apologize, and if I can help you or you can help me communicate this message, please let me know.

 

Thank you for your continued patience,

Jennifer

 

_____________________________________

JENNIFER CLISTER
Blackboard System Manager
University of Miami IAC
305-284-3949