Saturday, August 23, 2008

[BB] Blackboard Is Back Up

Bb Users,

Finally, Blackboard is finished upgrading our hardware, and the system is back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-Jennifer
________________________________________
From: Clister, Jennifer R
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:27 PM
To: BB@LISTSERV.MIAMI.EDU
Subject: Blackboard Still Down - waiting for more info

Bb Users,

Our hardware upgrade is taking longer than it was scheduled to take. I have called and emailed everyone I have contact information for at Blackboard, and they are still working on getting me answer how long it will take to be back up and running. I was assured by a high-level manager that I will have an answer within the hour.

I have made it clear that this is unacceptable, and I deeply apologize that the system is not currently available right now so close to the start of the semester.

I will let you know when I have more information, and I am also trying to get Blackboard to change the un-helpful error message you currently get when you attempt to access our Blackboard site so that it reflects more information as well.

Again, I am sorry. Please stay tuned.

-Jennifer