Sunday, February 26, 2006

[BB] Please welcome Janet De La Rosa

Blackboard users,
 
Back on December 12th, Janet De La Rosa joined our Instructional Advancement team.  She is taking over management of the Blackboard system so that I can focus on my new role at UM as Assoc. Dir. of Instructional Advancement.  My original role at UM was to encourage and support the faculty in appropriate uses of technology to enhance instruction.  My new goal is to encourage and support the faculty in appropriate ways to enhance instruction.  "Advance" and "enhance" are key works to me.  They mean that we only succeed if we help you get better.  The day-to-day maintenance and support of the Blackboard system was limiting my ability to accomplish those goals, so we brought Janet in to focus completely on Blackboard.
 
I realize that it will take her a while to completely assume management of the system, but in just two months she has already surpassed me in some areas.  As you interact with her, please welcome her to UM.  She monitors the blackboard@miami.edu account, so you can reach her there, or at 284-3949, or at janet.delarosa@miami.edu
 
She and I are both attending Blackboard World in San Diego this week.  If you need help, the student assistants will be standing by at 284-3949 and monitoring the blackboard@miami.edu account.  Janet and I will both be checking our e-mail during the conference.
 
Bill Vilberg
305-284-3949 (work); 786-218-3052 (cell); 305-255-9138 (home)